North Queensland Cowboys captain Michael Morgan has announced his immediate retirement due to a chronic shoulder injury.
- Age: 29
- Born: Townsville
- Debut: Round nine, 2010 vs Sydney Roosters
- Nth Queensland Cowboys: 168 games
- Cowboys skipper: 2019-2021
- NRL premiership: 2015
- Maroons: 12 State of Origins
- Australia: 12 Tests
- Australia Rugby League World Cup win: 2017
Morgan, who was born and raised in Townsville, played his entire NRL career with the Cowboys, racking up 168 games for the team.